Did you know that with the latest Apple TV, you can use a neat “touch” feature to setup your Apple TV out of the box. Here are the requirements needed to do that: Apple TV (3rd Generation) using Apple TV software 6.0 or later and a compatible device using iOS 7. Wondering how to go through this procedure? Here are the steps to setting up your Apple TV with the touch feature:
1) Connect your Apple TV to your television and power and wait until your Apple TV displays the setup screen
2) Unlock your iOS 7 device and ensure that Bluetooth is enabled. Also ensure that you are connected to the Wi-Fi network you want to use with Apple TV.
3) Touch your iOS device to your Apple TV and wait for the prompts to appear on your iOS device and Apple TV.
4) Enter your Apple ID and password on your iOS device.
5) Choose if you want Apple TV to remember your Apple ID password, and if you want Apple TV to send data to Apple.
6) Your Apple TV will start the configuration process, including connecting to your Wi-Fi network, activating Apple TV, and setting up your iTunes Store account.
After going through all these steps, your Apple TV will be ready to go! Enjoy!