Apple has released their newest operating system, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. Mountain Lion adds over 200 new features to your Mac, including many popular features you are already familiar with from your Apple mobile devices such as the iPhone and iPad. This post will provide you the information necessary to upgrade to the world’s most advanced desktop operating system.
Before you upgrade, you should check to see if you qualify for a free upgrade and also check to make sure your Mac meets the requirements for Mountain Lion.
Qualifying For Free Upgrade
There are two ways to qualify for a free upgrade to Mountain Lion.
- If you purchased a qualifying new Mac computer between June 11, 2012, and July 25, 2012, that does not include OS X Mountain Lion can upgrade to OS X Mountain Lion for free. CLICK THIS LINK to participate in the program. Your order must be entered by August 24, 2012.
- If you purchased a qualifying new Mac computer on or after July 26, 2012, that does not include OS X Mountain Lion can upgrade to OS X Mountain Lion for free. CLICK THIS LINK to participate in the program. Your completed order must be entered within 30 days of the date of your purchase of a qualifying computer.
System Requirements & Supported Models
- 2 GB of RAM
- 8 GB of available hard disk or solid state storage
- Computer must be running at least v10.6.8
- MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
- MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
- iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
- Mac Mini (Early 2009 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
If you are running Lion (10.7.x) or Snow Leopard (10.6.8) you are ready to update. If you have an older version of Snow Leopard than v10.6.8, you will need to update to the latest version before you can install Mountain Lion. Click the Apple icon and choose Software Update to install Snow Leopard v10.6.8.
How to Upgrade to Mountain Lion
If your computer meets the system requirements above and is a supported model, you are able to upgrade to Mountain Lion (10.8). Mountain Lion is only available as a download through the Mac App Store, it is not available in a CD or flash drive.
CLICK THIS LINK to be taken to the Mac App Store to purchase and download Mountain Lion. Follow the onscreen instructions to install. If you do not have broadband access, please feel free to visit our store locations to get help with downloading.