Please read the following.
- Agreement to these Terms and Conditions. By scheduling an Appointment the customer acknowledges that they have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions set forth below.
- iOS Device Update and/or Restore. Depending on the issues you are experiencing we may either Update or Restore your device. While this process typically takes 30 minutes, it can on occasion take longer. If an iOS update is successful, data on the phone will remain, however, in the case of an iOS restore, the phone will be restored to factory settings. This will result in the loss of your information. Computer Hardware is not responsible for data loss.
- Loss of Customer Data. When your phone is acting up the iOS or operating system is quite often to blame. Sometimes we are able to Update the device without data loss. Usually we must restore the device. This will result in the loss of information from the device. It is therefore important to make regular backups of your device while it is in working condition. We offer a backup service at a nominal fee, but this is not always successful if the unit is faulty. Computer Hardware will not be responsible for the loss of any data and/or other applications that are loaded on the device.
- iPhone is Disabled. When your phone is disabled, or the passcode is forgotten, the only course of action we have is to completely wipe and reinstall the operating system. This will result in the loss of information from the device. It is therefore important to make regular backups of your device while it is in working condition. Computer Hardware is NOT responsible for data loss. Please know your iCloud username and password information. We can only assist in restoring from a backup when you come prepared with your iCloud information.
- Activation Lock. Activation Lock occurs when Find my iPhone is enabled in the iCloud settings. Please come prepared with your iCloud username and password information. Without this information Computer Hardware cannot remove Activation Lock. Learn more about Activation Lock here.
- Hardware Failure. In the event of a hardware failure, it may be impossible to restore the iOS on your device. If you’ve tried restoring the device with iTunes and have received an error – this may be the case. You can set up an appointment for hardware service here. If you’d still like us to try to restore your device we certainly can try. If we determine a hardware issue is present, we will check the device in for service. Additional fees may apply.