iTunes 11 was released at the end of November and many have found it to be quite a bit different then previous versions. To help you out, we have created a list of iTunes 11 Tips and Tricks.
- Do you miss the static sidebar that was removed with iTunes 11? So did we. The good news is you are able to bring back the static sidebar! To show the sidebar, use the Option + Command + S shortcut. The other option is to click the “Show Sidebar” option under the View menu.
- Have an iTunes Store gift card you would like to redeem? Do not worry about reading the number and typing it into the box. You are now able to redeem your gift card using your computer’s camera! After logging-in to the iTunes Store, click the Redeem button and you will see the option to Use Camera. All you have to do is line up the number so the camera can see it and the rest is done for you!
- You will notice that Apple has added two arrows on the right of the top HUD display. If you have iTunes doing multiple things at once, such as downloading music while syncing a device and playing a song, these up and down arrows will allow you to view the status of each activity.
- Have a few songs you want to play but do not want to create a playlist of them? iTunes 11 has an Up Next feature. Select the song or songs that you would like to listen to next, hold down the Option key and you will notice a “+” button appear to the left of the title. When you hit that button the song will be added to the top of your Up Next queue.
- You are now able to create a Genius playlist from the top middle section of iTunes. When a song is playing, tap the arrow next to the track name and you will see the option to start a new Genius playlist. Once you have done that, Up Next will display the Genius playlist created for you.